CRDF 2 is a grant for the commercialisation of R&D output from Public and Private University (PPU) / Government Research Institute (GRI) by a Start Up company.
A Start Up is defined as a newly set up Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) established specifically as the vehicle for the commercialization activities of the specific project.
Under this fund, the SME is recommended to operate their business from a recognised Technology Centers. The Company is also required to focus their commercialisation activities on business development while producing their product via out-sourcing mode.
- Start-up Company
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Start-up company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965;
- The company must be at least 51% owned by Malaysian;
- The proposed technology to be commercialised must be from one of the Priority Technology Clusters identified by MOSTI excluding ICT;
- The R&D must have been completed successfully and commercial-ready prototype is available; and
- The proposed project must be tangible in nature.
- CRDF 2 provides funding in the form of partial grants with a maximum of RM500,000 or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower)
- Cost of the purchase of equipments for Quality Control and Production
- Cost of maintenance of equipments
- Cost of technology/ consultation/ training
c) Administration and Overhead
- Cost of allowance for management and technical personnel
- Cost of rental at technology centre
- Cost of utilities
- Cost of core raw materials
- Cost of advertisement and promotion
- Cost of certification and standard
- Cost of IP registration and protection
- Cost of production out-sourcing
- 2 years (Implementation and Monitoring)