The UTM-MTDC Technology Centre was established in December 2001 and is a joint venture project between Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and MTDC. The centre is planned to attract companies mainly involved in advanced engineering and life sciences.
The Centre is located on a 4.24 acre piece of land within the Technovation Park area with a total built up area of 31,200 sq/ft.
The main thrusts for the development of an Technology Centre are:
- To develop a strong science and technology-based to enhance industrial competence and competitiveness.
- To develop indigenous technologies by increasing the nation capability to adopt, adapt and improve technologies through R&D.
- To develop a pool of skilled researchers capable of handling new and emerging applied technologies.
- To ensure that environmental conservation and protection are built into the overall economic development process.
- To develop a positive culture-based on integrity, discipline and diligence to equip Malaysians for high productivity and commitment to quality.