Crowdfunding is the use of small amount of capital from a large number of individuals to finance a new business venture. Crowdfunding makes use of the easy accessibility of vast networks of people through social media and crowdfunding websites, with the potential to increase entrepreneurship by expanding the pool of investors beyond the traditional circle [...]
There are 2 types of crowdfunding programmes: ECF - A mechanism that enables groups of investors to fund startups by taking up shares in the investee companies and selling the shares later P2P - Involves funds being lent at a fixed interest rate over a fixed tenure
pitchIN (Pitch Platforms Sdn Bhd). A Recognised Market Operator by the Securities Commission of Malaysia to offer an Equity Crowdfunding platform for companies to raise their funding from the public.
An equity crowdfunding programme aims to facilitate fundraising for local technology-based companies through crowdsourcing. The programme will enable local technology-based companies to obtain capital through equity investment from a relatively large number of public investors, using an online platform. MTDC will offer equity fund to eligible local technology-based companies that intend to raise fund through [...]
Any local technology-based companies that is categorised as Series A (Early Stage). Series A company is a startup who has gained some traction following a period of market research and product development. The company is ready to obtain further funding in exchange of their preferred stock during the seed or early stage investment round. The [...]
MTDC-pitchIN ECF programme provides funding up to 30% of fund to be raised or maximum RM900,000.00, whichever lower, per campaign. The remaining 70% of funding will be raised via crowdfunding in the ECF platform operated by pitchIN.
The investment tenure in a company is between 3 to 5 years
Equity investment via Redeemable Convertible Preference Shares (RCPS)
microLEAP (Microleap PLT). A Recognised Market Operator by the Securities Commission of Malaysia who operates a P2P financing platform that allows businesses to raise crowd-sourced funds in which the issuers (borrowers) may raise financing from as little as RM1,000 while P2P investors may invest in ‘Investment Notes’ issued by them from as little as RM50.
A social lending programme that aims to facilitate local technology-based companies to obtain financing directly from the mass public; either individual or organisation via crowdfunding platform. The programme will enable companies to obtain capital through peer-to-peer (P2P) lending from a relatively large number of investors, using an online platform. The programme will support eligible companies [...]