There are two (2) milestones under CRDF 1: Evidence of technology readiness – that the technology is commercial-ready Evidence of market acceptance – that the technology is well-received by consumers as indicated by enquiries, orders, and sales MTDC will monitor the fund recipient company’s project closely to ensure the achievement of the commercialisation milestones.
The duration of the funding is not more than 12 months.
The eligible expenses under CRDF 1 are as follows: Technology consultation fees Administration and overheads Product registration Cost of outsourcing production Advertising, marketing, and promotion Value added services Legal and secretarial costs For further details on eligible expenses, click here.
CRDF 1 provides funding in the form of a partial grant with a maximum of RM 500,000 or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower). The remaining 30% of funding must be sourced by the applicant.
CRDF 1 is a grant to enable spin-off and start-up companies to prove their technology’s readiness and to gauge market acceptance before receiving additional funding. A spin-off company, otherwise known as a Syarikat Terbitan Universiti (STU): is defined as a company with local Public or Private University/Government Research Institution ownership. is required to operate their business from any recognised Technology [...]