MTDC will monitor the fund recipient company’s project closely to ensure successful commercialisation in accordance with the commercialisation plan submitted by the company. However, if the project fails, MTDC has the right to revoke and retrieve the amount disbursed to the company through legal means.
The fund recipient company must repay 12.5% of the total approved amount. The zero interest payment will begin in the third year on instalment basis for a period of not more than 24 months. The payment may be made in cash or in kind (in the form of CSR activities, provision of training etc. to [...]
The payback scheme is part of the new policy instituted by the government under RMKe-11.
The duration of the funding is four (4) years: two (2) years for implementation and monitoring; and two (2) years for a payback scheme.
The eligible expenses under CRDF 2 are as follows: Equipment Technology acquisition Administration and overheads Production Advertising, marketing, and promotion Intellectual property and standards compliance Value added services For further details on eligible expenses, click here.
CRDF 2 provides funding in the form of a partial grant with a maximum of RM 4.0 million or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower). The remaining 30% of funding must be sourced by the applicant.
CRDF 2 is a grant for the commercialisation of any local R&D by an SME. An SME is defined as below: Manufacturing Sector – a company with annual turnover not exceeding RM 50.0 million OR having employees not exceeding 200. Services sector and other sectors – a company with annual turnover not exceeding RM 20.0 million OR [...]