MTDC will monitor the fund recipient company’s project closely to ensure successful acquisition in accordance with the business plan submitted by the company. However, if the project fails, MTDC has the right to revoke and retrieve the amount disbursed to the company through legal means.
The fund recipient company must repay 50% of the total approved amount. The zero interest payment will begin in the third year on instalment basis for a period of not more than 24 months. The payment may be made in cash or in kind (in the form of CSR activities, provision of training etc. to [...]
The payback scheme is part of the new policy instituted by the government under RMKe-11.
The duration of the funding is four (4) years: two (2) years for implementation and monitoring; and two (2) years for the payback scheme.
TAF provides funding in the form of partial grants with a maximum of RM 4 million: For licensing of technology: RM 2.8 million or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower). The remaining 30% of funding must be sourced by the applicant. For purchase of equipment: RM 1.2 million or 50% of the eligible [...]
TAF is provided for the acquisition of proven foreign technology by an SME. An SME is defined as below: Manufacturing sector – a company with annual turnover not exceeding RM 50.0 million OR having employees not exceeding 200. Services sector and other sectors – a company with annual turnover not exceeding RM 20.0 million OR having employees [...]
TAF was established to facilitate eligible Malaysian companies in the acquisition of proven foreign technologies for immediate incorporation into said companies’ manufacturing activities. The partial grant under TAF enables companies to avoid expensive and often risky technology development stages. Before applying for TAF, it is mandatory for the company to have a draft agreement outlaying [...]