CRDF is for the funding of commercialisation activities of locally developed technologies undertaken by Malaysian-owned companies. The technologies can be those developed by the public sector or an output of in-house research and development (R&D) activities by the companies.
CRDF 1 is a partial grant for the commercialisation of any local R&D output by local SME. CRDF 1 is designed to provide funding to SME company to undertake technology and market validation of the R&D output prior to full scale commercialisation.
- Local SME
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 or Limited Liability Partnership incorporated under Limited Liability Act 2012;
- The company must be at least 51% Malaysian-owned;
- The proposed technology to be commercialised must be from one of the Priority Technology Clusters identified by MOSTI; and
- The R&D must have been completed successfully and a commercial-ready prototype is available.
- CRDF 1 provides funding in the form of partial grants with a maximum of RM500,000 or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower).
- Cost of consultation
b) Administration and Overheads
- Cost of management allowance
- Cost of office rental at any MTDC technology centre
- Cost of utilities (telephone, broadband, electricity and water)
c) Intellectual property and standards compliance
- Product testing to standards compliance only
d) Cost of Production
- Cost of core raw materials
- Cost of packaging material
- Cost of production outsourcing
- Cost of product design
- Cost of packaging design
e) Advertising, Marketing & Promotion
- Cost for brochures, exhibitions and advertisements
- Cost of website design and development
f) Value added services
- Business, financial, marketing and technical advisory services from MTDC Advisory and Value Added Services Division.
- Cost of office set-up (i.e computer and printer)
- Six (6) to twelve (12) months